12.28.2004

The Veil is Lifted...

Well, now I know why I used to walk home from school terrified that a gigantic Tyrannosaurus Rex was going to barrel its way down Summer Street and devour me: I clearly had watched too many episodes of "Land of the Lost". I just finished watching the first two episodes of the series (thank you Netflix!) and was transported immediately back to the farthest left cushion on the family room couch where I watched the program growing up. (I never thought I had watched that much TV, but maybe I really did). The sets and production values are totally laughable, the acting bad and earnest, and what drug was the person who invented Sleestak taking?? But despite all that (or maybe because of it...), I still loved the show--with a little pluck and smarts, you can outwit and outrun any T Rex, right? ;)

No comments: