4.30.2005

Reasons to Be Cheerful...

There are many things I'm excited about right now, and since I seem to have some serious monkey-mind happening, I think I'll just make a list and forget about such niceties as, say, coherent sentences and the like.

1. I wish I knew xml, html, and sql. I'm going to have to do something about it.
2. I have to start Branching Out for the third time--arggg.
3. I am SO EXCITED about driving to Bar Harbor with Karen next weekend for her little brother's wedding.
4. One of the funniest memories I have of her little brother is him banging on the bass notes of their family's piano while Karen and I valiently tried to get through "Asa's Death" for piano 4 hands.
5. I just finished reading Buddha of Suburbia (loved it), Never Let Me Go (loved it), and In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (loved it).
6. I think that since I just finished 3 books I should get to buy more
7. I just downloaded the COOLEST SOFTWARE EVER: Delicious Library. If you're a Mac user and book lover, click here NOW: Delicious Monster
8. I'm getting Tiger next week :)
9. When I started scanning the bar-codes of the books into Delicious Library, I began to feel like the miller's daughter who had to spin straw into gold...I cannot quite explain how many books there are in this apartment. They are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e, and double-shelved, to boot.
10. I don't know whether I should be blogging, scanning books, knitting, editing the six children's math books that are due on Wednesday, taking a bubble bath, or getting out of this chair to have a glass of port
11. I've been thinking of moving the saltwaterchronicles content over to my knitting blog...because the knitting blogs I like the best tend to have non-knitting content in them, too.
12. I would like to customize this blog template...which brings me back to item #1 on this list about learning HTML...
13. I just decided I'm going for the port.

More later.

No comments: