8.07.2005

Another Cat Photo??

Another photo?



Poor Mew Mew. He puts up with a lot -- hot weather, a clingy younger brother (who was the star of the last, ill-fated, mobile post), and now multiple photos snapped using my new phone. I'm trying blogger's mobile blogging feature again, even though my last mobile post somehow "disappeared" on some server somewhere, never to be seen again on this blog. (As a database support person who receives posts like "I was entering a Client record into the database and then it just disappeared!!!!" I cannot believe that data disappears. It just "fails to save" or exists in some other unexpected location). I'm wondering if the issue isn't the act of editing the post after saving it. I posted the image and caption via phone, but am now editing the post and adding text...we'll see what happens next. I apologize in advance to those of you who use Bloglines and may end up with a "ghost" posting.

In any case, it's now about 85 and humid in the apartment and I'm stuck here waiting for Fresh Direct to deliver the groceries they promised would arrive between 11am - 1pm. I got a recorded call at 1:11 announcing that there were delays of up to an hour. Having just taught a seminar on customer servce last week, I then announced to no one in particular that Fresh Direct should have set that expectation BEFORE 1pm instead of almost 15 minutes later. Then I realized that the mere fact of having groceries delivered precludes the right to complain (although service is service...so I can complain from that perspective). Next week I'll think we'll go back to Whole Foods.

Sigh. Okay -- time to figure out what to read next. Just finished Witch Child (which I enjoyed but didn't love). Now I'm considering Red House (to continue a sort of New England history theme...).

More later...

1 comment:

--K. said...

The photo won't display on bloglines, but at least I can tell it's supposed to be there-- I get that annoying little "x" that occurs when a photo won't load-- and the post as well as the photo appears without incident when I click into the blog itself. So still no hint as to what happened with the Banana pic. It's bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s. Darn that evil Gwen Stefani...