1.31.2005

This Post Exists So Stephen Has Something To Look At In His Thunderbird Aggregator...

It occured to me today that not only had I better start practicing for The Garden Street Quartet's recital on the 27th, but that I have to start on the program notes, too...eek. So if anyone out there has any fabulous thoughts on Brahms, Op. 25, the Faure c-minor (no, I can't remember the opus number right now, sigh...), or the Turina, Op. 67...feel free to share :) (We're just performing the first movements of the Brahms and Faure, a practice which I generally despise, but which in this case suits me just fine. I cannot stand the second movement of the Faure, and I can't imagine our audience sitting through a program that long, either.)

More later...

p.s. I checked Bloglines and saw that I have a subscriber! (Thanks, Sam!) Maybe that'll keep me posting more often...blogs are pretty damn boring otherwise.

Edit: Faure, Op. 15. Next I'll learn the key commands for the accent that should appear of the "e" in the composer's name...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, M! Now I have mail in Thunderbird to read!

Jennie-Rebecca said...

The accent aigue is option + e (for the diacritical) then e again (for the letter you want). A good Mac-girl needs to know that. I never did learn it for the PC. I do love your lovely blog, and feel hesitant to post where you are so eloquent. Let's talk soon!